When restoration is paramount to recovery.
There’s no substitute for experience in the legal field. That’s especially true for environmental law, a complicated field that grows more complicated every day. Joel Waltzer and Robert Wiygul started their environmental law careers working for two of the most respected organizations in public interest environmental law – the Tulane Environmental Law Clinic, and the Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund.
For over 20 years, the attorneys at Waltzer Wiygul & Garside have represented citizens, landowners, and conservation groups in every aspect of protecting public health and the environment. We have litigated hundreds of cases under state and federal environmental laws. We’ve made corporate polluters clean up their act, made government agencies obey the law, even helped an entire community move out of harm’s way. Our environmental law expertise includes:
- Toxic Torts
- Clean Water Act
- Endangered Species Act
- Fisheries Law
- Public Lands Management
- National Environmental Policy Act
WWG represents a landowner in the Bay Springs oil spill, in which thousands of gallons of crude leaked from a crude oil pipeline, contaminating a beautiful bottomland hardwood swamp.
- Court blocks use of BP restoration funds for Gulf State Park conference center
- Doretha Z. Walker et al. versus AMID/Metro Partnership, LLC et al
- Louisiana Environmental Action Network (LEAN) versus Mo-Dad Utilities, et al.
- Louisiana Oysterman Association Inc. Versus Hilcorp Energy Company
- Mississippi Power and Sierra Club Settle Coal Litigation
- Subsistence Fisherman And Those Who Took Quick Payouts From BP Looking For Fair Settlement
- Union Racetrack Must Cease Operations